Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
diosbake
Follower
Follower

OK. I am now fed up with this system. I have a mother in-law who had a stroke I need to monitor the house and eveytime I attempt to monitor using Arlo Q they are off line. andf it forces me to drive to her house and attempt to reboot everthing several times until it finally comes back on line. I am ready to send this back to netgear and unless someone from tech support contacts me directly. One should NEVER have to worry about if the Arlo will come back on line. FIX THIS.... After spending over $800.00 in equipment!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll need to contact support and create a trouble ticket if you want official support.  The forums can help but...

If you're using the Android app, make sure it's updated to 2.1.2 since it fixes a display issue showing cameras offline.  In the future also try a browser since an issue on one may not show on another.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have a Q and a Q Plus, and both recover without problems if I unplug them and plug them back in somewhere else (this is like a power outage at the camera) or if I reboot my router (this is like a power outage at the router).  Can you confirm that wireless is still working properly after the router reboots?  Perhaps the router is hanging after the outage?  I do use a UPS at my router to keep internet to my devices during outages.  APC makes router-specific UPS boxes that are less than $60, and you could also use one with your Q if you believe the fault lies there.  I, personally, have never seen a Q hang after pulling power and plugging in again.  They seem pretty robust to me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

diosbake,

Does this happen all the time or only after a power outage?

In addition to what hokeysmoke describes above, this could be related to poor signal strength (wireless interference or range). What does the signal strength indicator show for the affected camera?

You might consider relocating the camera to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

TomWho
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC wrote:

diosbake,

Does this happen all the time or only after a power outage?

In addition to what hokeysmoke describes above, this could be related to poor signal strength (wireless interference or range). What does the signal strength indicator show for the affected camera?

You might consider relocating the camera to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

Not likely. I cam measure the signal strength and even sitting on the same table as a camera my base won't connect. I unplugged it yesterday which aparently breaks it.

PL3
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue, having installed the camera in a seasonal home quite far from our house. We lost internet service for a day or so, and while my other devices (3 thermostats from another manufacturer) restored themselves, my Arlo did not. The message on my mobile device indicates I must be in the same network as teh camera to restore functionality. That's an airplane ride away! Is this true?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to use a WiFi switch such as a WeMo for the camera that you can manipulate remotely.  That would allow you to turn the camera off and back on which may be all that's needed.  As for possibly resyncing the camera, you need to be physically there or have someone with access do it for you.

PL3
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you. Having someone there doesn't seem to be a viable option - besides, they would need my mobile device with them to be in the same network. I will look into WeMo and its capabilities.

This really defeats the purpose of a security camera, and I will need to look at product offerings from other companies. I did not have this constraint with my previous D-Link camiera, for example.