Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
slim4684
Tutor
Tutor

My parent live in the middle of no where with 1.5 Mbps microwave-based internet that is not reliable.  Is what I'm reading still accurate-that "No internet=no video recording"?

There are no options with any Arlo System for local video storage/backups?

The Arlo Q dosen't even retain the most recent video in "RAM" SSD storage?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.  It's all cloud-based.  However, there's a new addition to the line-up call the Q Plus which is indoors-only (it's powered and not weather-sealed) that has SD card capability.  It will record through windows so it's still useful to monitor outdoors as long as you turn off night vision so the IR illuminators don't reflect off the glass, blinding the camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.  It's all cloud-based.  However, there's a new addition to the line-up call the Q Plus which is indoors-only (it's powered and not weather-sealed) that has SD card capability.  It will record through windows so it's still useful to monitor outdoors as long as you turn off night vision so the IR illuminators don't reflect off the glass, blinding the camera.

slim4684
Tutor
Tutor

It's on it's way along with a 128 GB micro SD from Amazon (everyone was sold old of the Arlo Q Plus)...will be installing a 4 camera Arlo wireless set with base station at my parents today.

Wish me luck---and thank you again for your help.

Ted