Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Warranty error: not honored

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
username12321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - I purchased an Arlo Certified Refurbished device with a 90-day warranty about a week ago, but the app is already saying that my hardware warranty is expired. It thinks I’m not entitled to contact support because I don’t have a warranty, so I’m not sure how I can get this fixed. What can I do to get someone to correct the database so that I get the 90-day warranty? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
username12321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just tried to send the following to the Community Feedback forum, but the form insisted that I add a label but provided no options nor any suggestions when I typed a letter, so I couldn’t submit it. The text of what I wanted to submit appears below, in case anyone from Arlo is watching:

Just tried adding a screenshot from my iPhone photo library, but the site rejects the image because the extension is .jpeg instead of .jpg. I didn’t name the file, so the naming and the rejection are coming from the system. In my Photos library, the file does have the .jpg extension, so either iOS is changing it for upload to the site, or the site is changing it for some reason. Anyway, the easiest fix would be to support the .jpeg extension, I would think, as the file format is the same as .jpg. Thanks.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@username12321 wrote:
Hi - I purchased an Arlo Certified Refurbished device with a 90-day warranty about a week ago, 

Are you sure that this was re-certified by Arlo, and not by a third party (Amazon, eBay, etc)?

username12321
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s what the label on the box says: “Arlo Certified Refurbished”.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@username12321 wrote:
That’s what the label on the box says: “Arlo Certified Refurbished”.

Did you buy it directly from Arlo?

I'm tagging @JamesC , as I think a mod wil lneed to follow up.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @username12321

Were you able to onboard your device? I only see one Arlo Q that was registered in 2018. What is the serial number of the camera you are trying to onboard?