Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Haylock72
Guide
Guide

I purchase a second Arlo Q in May 2018 and have been having problems with it ever since. It works for a few days but then when I try to view it states ‘your device is not connected’ i have spent hours trying to fix this and of course am Outside the Amazon return window. I am an IT professional so I should know what I am talking about.

my first thoughts were that maybe it was too close to the fridge which was causing interference on the WiFi even though other device can see good full WiFi in the same room. My recent attempts to get this camera working permentatly have me putting a spare repeater in the room to rule out WiFi. I found one article that said something. About WiFi Sid shouldn’t have _ or - in the name so I created a second Sid but this morning the Arlo q is offline again.usually a power cycle fixes the problem but that’s not what I want from a security camera. My other farloq is working perfectly and is further from my router than this one.

The only difference between the two is that the newer one is on an older firmware. (1.7.4_5517 and not 1.9.0.0_269

my currently theory is that the firmware update process is failing which causes the system to go offline. When the device is working there is ‘no update available’ message but a couple of times the app has reported the device doing a firmware update but nothing actually happens.

anythoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would first swap the cameras location to see if it helps any...

If NG, then I'd remove the camera ( remove device ) and bring back as new ( that usu will do a FW update if needed )

If still NG, contact Arlo support, your warranty is 1 year and/or they may be able to force a FW update

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would first swap the cameras location to see if it helps any...

If NG, then I'd remove the camera ( remove device ) and bring back as new ( that usu will do a FW update if needed )

If still NG, contact Arlo support, your warranty is 1 year and/or they may be able to force a FW update

Morse is faster than texting!
Haylock72
Guide
Guide

Yes tried that some time ago and no luck. Guess my only option is support.....

Haylock72
Guide
Guide

Unit was faulty, new unit up and running in minutes all good