Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using Arlo Q Schedule Mode and the Detection Rules Applied

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can edit or add Arlo Q Armed modes and up also set up the desired time slots for the Arlo Q Schedule mode.  My question is what rules for detection sensitivity, zones, notifications, etc. are applied when the Scheduled mode is activated and can it be edited?  Is the Schedule mode following the rules of another mode and if so which one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedule is not a mode, per se. You can add modes to it so the appropriate cameras operate as desired. There are no settings other than to put a mode in place for a certain timeframe. Set up whatever actual modes you want scheduled and THEN use the schedule. Yes, only one mode at any time so setting up multiple modes with various combinations of cameras and/or settings will be needed. Maybe one for nighttime with all cameras, long recordings and high sensitivity from midnight till 0700 and 2200 to midnight along with another than has only some cameras with lower sensitivity and/or recording time from 0701 to 2159. Mix and match as desired. There are FAQs for this, too.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

oillogger wrote:

I can edit or add Arlo Q Armed modes and up also set up the desired time slots for the Arlo Q Schedule mode.  My question is what rules for detection sensitivity, zones, notifications, etc. are applied when the Scheduled mode is activated and can it be edited?  Is the Schedule mode following the rules of another mode and if so which one?

I think you're asking if the active mode is edited, will it take effect as well as whether editing the mode causes another to be used.  As far as I can tell, the active mode remains in use and any changes take effect immediately upon saving the mode.  I just tested this and it worked as I expected.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I presently have four modes, Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, and Mine which I created.  Only one can be selected at a time.  When I edited Schedule the only parameters I can control is the time the Arlo Q comes on for each individual day.  When the mode Schedule is selected what motion, sound, and zone rules apply?  Is it some default values or the setting in the Armed mode?

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Schedule mode does not offer any parameters other than time of day and it does not display the values for the motion, sound, and zones.  Only one of my modes can be active.  You cannot select Schedule and some other "armed" mode to set the motion, sound, and zone parameters..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Schedule is not a mode, per se. You can add modes to it so the appropriate cameras operate as desired. There are no settings other than to put a mode in place for a certain timeframe. Set up whatever actual modes you want scheduled and THEN use the schedule. Yes, only one mode at any time so setting up multiple modes with various combinations of cameras and/or settings will be needed. Maybe one for nighttime with all cameras, long recordings and high sensitivity from midnight till 0700 and 2200 to midnight along with another than has only some cameras with lower sensitivity and/or recording time from 0701 to 2159. Mix and match as desired. There are FAQs for this, too.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was blind and now I see!  When editing Schedule settings and editing a time period I found the way to select the desired armed mode.  In the upper part of the edit window on the far left side is the current armed mode and on the far right side of the edit is a deactivated looking light grey arrow and by clicking on the area I can changed the armed mode.  Now I have that warm fuzzy feeling I needed.  Thanks for your time and understanding. Knowing this bit of information about the Arlo Q is what I needed to purchase one for my son.  He lives in decent area that unfortunately suffers from a lot of break-ins and would tend to forget to arm the Arlo Q every day.  With the schedule feature it now become automatic for him most of the time.  I am retired and without a schedule so that feature is never required with my Arlo Q.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

An important point is you cannot pick the armed  mode when editing the Schedule settings from theArlo webpage.  You can only select the armed mode in the Arlo app.  Go figure. It appears the webpage interface needs to be update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're seeing - I just added the Armed mode using Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop with no issue.  I've done so in the past, too.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

You are correct, my mistake.  I had only gone into edit a schedule and had not clicked on a existing schedule once there.  Also works in Firefox browser.