Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to connect camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jrm2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved my camera, followed the easy prompts to add new device, unable to set it up after 45 minutes. Any suggestions? It’s not detecting the camera

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app or a browser? What have you tried? What do you see? Is the device you're using on the same network as the Q is trying to connect to? It may help if they're using the same SSID and frequency.

Jrm2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I’m using the app and the WiFi network is the same as the original method I used when I set everything up about 18 months ago. 

The dirctions are very simple but when I search for it after showing the camera the barcode, it cannot locate the camera on the network. I’ve tried about 8 times. Has the software changed?  Don’t recall typing in my network name and password last time for the Camera. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has changed over time so that's possibly what you're seeing. I would try connecting via a computer which can work better than a mobile device at times.

ALso, be sure the SSID and passphrase is properly typed, including case.

Have you tried resetting the camera after removing it from Settings, My Devices?