Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable To Access Mode In Android App

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fencedwall
Aspirant
Aspirant

For a little while I have been unable to access mode. It wasn't a big deal because I already had Geotagging on to stop notifying me everytime I move when I am inside my house. However, for some reason geotagging has stopped working and any time I move, talk, sneeze, or clear my throat I am notified that I from the Arlo app. 

I have deleted the app, reinstalled, and reset the camera with no change. I can see my Arlo Q but cannot change the mode. I can't even change the mode on the Bridge either.

I am at my wits end with this and am ready to smash my phone with the constant notifications when I am home. I know I can turn off the camera when I am home, but that becomes a pain and I shouldn't have to work around an app that is not working properly.

By the way, the app is not intuative at all, I hate trying to find something in there.

Any ideas on what else to do?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you're having issues with the phone but have you tried a browser yet? You can even use a mobile browser if you set it to use the desktop version.

fencedwall
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can access it on the web browser, however I can't adjust geotagging using the browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it works on the browser, it's something local to your phone. Try rebooting it and reinstalling the app, allowing all permissions.