Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to install but getting a message saying billing service busy try later

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to install but getting a message saying billing service busy try later. Tried live chat to get help; that doesn’t work either. Tried email contact that doesn’t work either. Getting concerned I may be dealing with a disreputable company. I have seen others have had a similar issue but don’t know if or how they got this sorted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

Please be patient. We have a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Someone will post an answer soon. Netgear/Arlo is definitely not fly-by-night company. There are so many variables at work here it is just a matter of time until it gets sorted out.

I think the reason you are getting this message and can't contact Customer Support is a communication problem not that their service is unavailable. Could be the app on your phone/device. In the link I posted, some people did solve this.

Read the replies carefully.

Brian

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

How many cameras do you already own?

Brian

JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Brian. I only have this one camera.
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

I don't remember ever having to contact them until I reached 5 cameras. Where in the installation process is it asking for that?

Brian

JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have got to the end of the set up page where I’ve put all my details but it won’t allow me to submit it as it keeps displaying the billing service not available try later message. I’m only trying to contact them to see if they can help resolve this but all thier communication channels don’t work either. I think I’ll be returning the camera tomorrow.
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

Have you tried contacting support by using banner at the bottom of every page that says Customer Service?

Brian

JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I’ve tried both live chat and email and they both just produce error messages.
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

here is a link where that is discussed, too much for me to retype:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/1227556

I think a few people have this problem. Try closing the app and when you open it again see if it will recognize your email address and password.

If you are setting up with the app on your phone try logging in on a windows pc at:

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login and try to login with your email address and password. Let me know how it goes.

Brian

JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try that. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
brh
Master
Master

@JW007

Please be patient. We have a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Someone will post an answer soon. Netgear/Arlo is definitely not fly-by-night company. There are so many variables at work here it is just a matter of time until it gets sorted out.

I think the reason you are getting this message and can't contact Customer Support is a communication problem not that their service is unavailable. Could be the app on your phone/device. In the link I posted, some people did solve this.

Read the replies carefully.

Brian

JW007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing and reloading the app has worked. Thank you very much for all your help. Best wishes. JW