Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot refund CVR plan for Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
what-a-joke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q, it's worked so seldomly (being extremely dodgy with connecting to my network, app, internet everything) since purchasing it that I've decieded to count my loses and sell the camera on eBay to try to get my money back. 

Regretably I signed up for CVR (which I had to sign up for A YEAR). Well after calling customer service to ask for my plan to be cancelled and refunded (since I never used it), I was instructed to do so online. However, I can't because the website says "We are sorry, our billing service is currently unavailable. Please try again". I explain this to the representative and she is completely confused by what I'm telling her. She asks me if I would like her to log in for me. "Yes, please." I reply hoping she can cancel it from her end, "Sir we will need your password." Excuse me? No, you are a company that should have access to my account and my billing history to be able to handle my request. 

I ask customer service for an employee who can help me with billing. APPARENTLY there is no one who works for Arlo or Netgear incharge of billing. Seriously? Next thing the phone line is cut and I am off my customer service call with zero help and plenty of time WASTED.

I'll try again in a day to see if their website is acting correctly. I'm so sick of the money, time, and energy I've wasted on this product. Reaching at straws for anyone within the company to fix my issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

what-a-joke,

I apologize for the poor experience. Can you provide me with the case number you have open with the support team and I will escalate this issue.

Please send me a private message with the following informaiton:

Email address used for your Arlo account

Last 4 of your cc number

Case number

JamesC

what-a-joke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see no way to send you a private message. Once again Arlo is failing me misserably. Poorest customer service I've ever experienced. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just click on his name in a message to get to his profile andsend a PM from the top right side. It's always been there.