Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

This is bullcrap.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlouser6465
Aspirant
Aspirant

Long time ago arlo supplied a PC software where you may record to a HDD or SSD on a PC. They removed it so they can charge 3.99 for cloud based service? This is ridiculous and absolutely BS. I paid nearly over $100 the arlo q and I can only use android app while the web browser based software is BS. I want PC software, I didn't buy an 8TB hdd for nothing. After buying the 8TB hdd to come to arlo website and has no damn PC software to record yourself. 

Another words how else can I say? I AM A CUSTOMER I WANT PC SOFTWARE FOR MY ARLO Q.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're talking about. There has never been "PC software" tom allow use of a hard drive. You have always been able to download any videos from both the app and web client for local storage but there's never been anything else.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q camera came in 2 models.... Q and Q Plus.

The Plus model allowed POE and you could use a mem card in the supplied adapter at the camera. ( as they both did not use a base )

Never PC software as mentioned

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
arlouser6465
Aspirant
Aspirant
around this time when I first bought the first Arlo q for a bar they had software because I remember recording a bar on my computer.

3/26/2020
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi arlouser6465,

As jguerdat and TomMac mentioned above, we only have the web portal available on your PC browser. You can refer here to the requirements with using your Arlo system: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

arlouser6465
Aspirant
Aspirant
yup im never bying arlo again. i left a 1 star on amazon review stating android only no pc software.

it can be done but you guys want to charge $12usd for 24/7 recording a month when i can record on my pc if you guys have pc software for arlo cams.

im never buying arlo again and im spreading this all over reviews newegg amazon etc.

you guys charge aloy for a camera then try to highway tob us for vloud service. bs nope never again.

develop pc software. <im so irritated with arlo. good luck im returning my arlo q to amazon.