Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
txAg
Initiate
Initiate

Looking to buy the Arlo q system for my house. Can you schedule when the system is in CVR mode?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

txAg wrote:

Looking to buy the Arlo q system for my house. Can you schedule when the system is in CVR mode?

The Arlo Q cameras can run ( and do run on their own schedule separate from reg Arlo ).

If you purchase the CVR option, it runs 24/7.  There is not schedule for the CVR.  The CVR runs at the same time as the rest of the program.

Example; if you have the Q active for motion, it does the normal record to the library for the set time.  It will also be recording all the time in the CVR with the timeline of the CVR showing a colored green line for when motion was detected ( like in the library )

read these pages;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-does-the-continuous-video-recording-or-CVR-...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
txAg
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply, not what I was wanting to hear. We are thinking of buying the Arlo Q system to be a nanny cam. Thus, record when the Nanny is there and otherwise be turned off. Any thoughts on how to get the system to do this?

If the camera senses motion and I set the record to 2 minutes. Will it then start to record if there is still motion after that two minutes?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras always stream, whether using CVR or not. The only way to stop it is to unplug it (use a timer?). 

Motion recording with the Q has two modes - the normal fixed time of 10-120 seconds and the other which will continue recording for up to 5 minutes if motion continues. The first will start recording again after a reset period of several seconds and, of course, the motion has to be contained where detected.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

txAg wrote:

Thanks for the reply, not what I was wanting to hear. We are thinking of buying the Arlo Q system to be a nanny cam. Thus, record when the Nanny is there and otherwise be turned off. Any thoughts on how to get the system to do this?

If the camera senses motion and I set the record to 2 minutes. Will it then start to record if there is still motion after that two minutes?

Other than unplugging, there is also a ON/OFF toggle in the Q settings which will disable record ( tho the IR light still seems to react to movement; bug )

But this toggle must be done manually.

Otherwise , if you don't have the CVR option, the Q records like the regular Arlo in that if it detects motion or sound ( or both, your choice ) to the library for the time amount selected.... this is usable in the schedule.

Morse is faster than texting!