Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Red IR showing were on? Happened for a week?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wzm001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just putting my son to bed, laying with him while he fell asleep and he noticed the camera was red. I heard it click on but has not looked and sure enough, he was right. The red indicator lights were on and I was not using it, checked with my husband and he said he doesn’t even have the app on his phone anymore! This is all just a week or so after following the communication from Arlo to enable two-factor authentication. I checked and it is enabled with my phone number. How can this happen!?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it was armed normally, then the camera will detect motion and the IRs go on if dark...

The Q basically is always recording ( cause on ac ) which allows the 3 second "lookback" feature if a trigger event happens

As to hack, I haven;t seen one that was proven yet unless someone had the PW, so I would automatically suggest you change your PW to a strong one.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Wzm001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply! I actually don’t have any of our cameras armed because we have been home. We had been laying still in bed for several minutes when it clicked on. I changed my password lastnight, searched all over the internet for other tips. I just find it odd...if someone has gotten my password, why didn’t I get the two-factor text request with this “added security” Arlo is going to?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would just test it again a few times to see if it is just turning on the IRs

It's possible. 

FYI, Also in the past a few of the arlo cameras had issues with the IRs on at times.

Morse is faster than texting!