Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Arlo Q delay/motion detection issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Finchwizard
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've got the Arlo Q in our babies room.

The baby version wasn't out when I bought it.

Having said that, the Arlo Q I don't find to be an amazing camera either.

The Delay on full HD is just too much, even on a fast Wifi connection at home, I could have delays of up to 30 seconds in full 1080p.

A few times I saw people go upstairs, check on the baby, and whilst they are still on the screen they walk back infront of me.

As soon as you drop it down to 720p that delay is very minimal.

My issue with the entire Arlo  range is their motion detection, it just flat out sucks, it either doesn't work, or works at random times.

The normal Arlo cameras are the worst, I can have someone come up to the front door, leave a package and go out the gate and its JUST picking them up walking out the Gate, which is terrible delay.

The Arlo Q doesn't seem much better which I hoped it would of been with  it being powered camera.

I've also got problems with streaming, I have an iPad in the house, for when I'm at work and my wife leaves her mum with the baby, she sets up the iPad to be streaming from the babies room to the iPad for her mum to constantly see.

This works OK but when my wife is out, and she wants to connect to see what's happening, it's 50/50 as to whether it works or doesn't work. 

My wife will get locked out and can't see anything with the camera saying it's busy.

Meanwhile, if I try and connect because my wife tells me, the camera works fine.

(That's with everyone on separate accounts too)

It does seem to have issues with the constant streaming, and I wish Netgear would have the ability to give "Restart" access to EVERYONE under the account when they're given Admin Rights. And even then the times it stops working, I can't restart remotely because it says the camera is busy, which as far as I'm concerned shouldn't happen, Restart should override anything else the camera is doing.

I'm not sure what else is out there, but Alro Q or I'm suspecting Arlo Baby wouldn't be my recommendation.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finchwizard,

Some of the issues you are describing could be positioning/interference related. From your descriptions, it might take more in-depth troubleshooting to identify the cause of these issues. I encourage you to please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC