Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Raised Mount

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jcam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking to see if anyone has come up with a clever hack on raising their ARLO Q camera during installation.

My installation requires the camera to be raised a couple of inches higher than what I get with the ARLO Q's fixed base. Besides mounting onto wood blocks, has anyone found metal or plastic brackets that work for a small footprint?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jcam,

At this time, there isn't an official accessory available for the Arlo Q that does what you are describing. Sounds like you'll need to do some experimenting with the mounting location to create optimal conditions for your Arlo Q camera, or relocate the camera to an area that doesn't require the additional elevation. Please let us know what you come up with!

JamesC

jcam
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

Thanks for the reply.

My Arlo Q Plus is primarily set up to be an indoor camera looking out to my front door steps; I don't have an option to mount an external camera like the Arlo Pro. It's situated above the door and thus the requirement for the higher placement, which will give me a better angle to look down.

I managed to build an acrylic stand for the camera and it seems to work, but I'm getting a lot of reflection off window with night vision enabled. I have enough street lighting so I may try to just forego night vision altogether.

Cheers.