Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Q won't connect to wifi. It chimes but immediately buzzes.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Birb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Q disconnected for a few months. Went to boot it up today and it wouldnt connect to my system via the app.

It will chime then buzz and go amber about 1 second later. Ive tried several things to no avail as listed below. What am i missing or what should i try next?

-hard reset the camera via the button several times
-moved close to the base and the router
-created a few guest network with just alphanumeric and no spaces on wpa2 (still didnt work)

I havent fooled with the base or anything but its working just fine with my arlo pro. Should i just submit this back as a warranty fault? Anyone else experienced this?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset, did you hold the button until the camera clicked and the LED flashed amber?

If you need, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Birb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aye i did - @jguerdat that's what I meant by hard reset

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Birb

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Birb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried to set up a live chat several times and it never finishes loading. Also the support phone line apparently costs money. Does anyone have any recommendations? is there a fee to get this stuff fixed?

Is there some way of actually contacting the support team?

Birb
Aspirant
Aspirant

The chat doesnt look like its loading but it does if you let it sit long enough.

The camera is broken and is being RMA'd. Glad this happened while it was under warranty.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Birb wrote:

I've tried to set up a live chat several times and it never finishes loading. Also the support phone line apparently costs money. Does anyone have any recommendations? is there a fee to get this stuff fixed?

Is there some way of actually contacting the support team?

Arlo doesn't charge for support regardless of the statement in the docs and online. It appears to be a holdover from Netgear wording that was used - Netgear does implement a cost after 90 days. Right now you're golden. 

Glad you got through and got an RMA.