Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please tell me how to get my laptop to stop chiming!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tsippi777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help me get my sanity back. My laptop chimes everytime my Mother moves a muscle! (The cameras are at her condo so we can keep an eye on her.) I've turned off notifications and I've closed the Arlo window on my computer, but the thing keeps making noise! I can't even hold a conference call without being interrupted. Someone help, please. (And I'd appreciate a solution appropriate for someone who is not really into tech and who is currently 2,000 miles away from the cameras.)

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The alerts and Pushes ( emails & pushes ) depending on device used are all adjustable in the MODE you are using .  This is PER camera so you must do it for each.  Uncheck the pushes or email as wanted

read this ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts/ta-p/10...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tsippi777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but I have done this already, for each camera. The chimes do not stop. Any other ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Check again to be sure. Power cycle the base. Any luck?
tsippi777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pushes and alerts remain turned off. Q series does not use a base station. Stupid chime is still driving me crazy. I read somewhere else that the chime is related to the interenet connection fluctuating. Obviously, I have no control over that (thanks Spectrum). I don't even know for sure that the internet connection is the issue, though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Laptops don't use push notifications - only mobile devices.  The only notifications available for computers are emailed ones.  Tell us more about your computer and how you know it's Arlo causing this.