Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Sambo1234
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Q stopped working and I called customer service for support. I was told that they updated the software therefore, I will have to pay $100 to update my cameras software. How does that make any sense? After talking to customer support person for awhile, I told him that I will post about this incident in every SNS format. He said he is willing to send me free of service under one condition, I asked what it is. He said he will have to **bleep** my mom. I have all this in recording. Obviously, Arlo doesn't monitor their customer support calls. I will never ever buy any Arlo products. 

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo doesn’t provide any support contact outside the entitlements in your app. Look in settings menu for support and choose the camera for details of your support path.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@Sambo1234 You shouldn't have to pay for a firmware update (as @DannyBearAgain  pointed out). Sorry that happened to you.

My Arlo Q's stopped working last night (not connected and would not connect even after power cycling). It may have been a combination of issues with my router connection as well as an Arlo Q firmware update.

I rebooted my modem and router. So that re-established the connection to the Arlo Q's. I plugged in Arlo Q's that were previously not plugged in, and shortly thereafter, they indicated that they were initiating a firmware update. I find that the Arlo Qs can sometimes take longer than I expect to do firmware updates. And they will also seem to be unconnected or not working for a time. So, I just leave it alone for a while. One time it took overnight to finish the update.

My Arlo Q version started with "1.12.1.3" and ends with "_1e75faa"

Did you get your Arlo Q working? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Sambo1234 

Arlo requires a subscription to provide technical support. we do not charge for software upgrades. The number or email you reached is a scam support line. Please be sure to use Arlo.com and the community forum for any support requests without an Arlo subscription. 

Thank you