Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recording all motion and and also not recording then remotely viewing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TonyHarding
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

I have two arlo qs. The camera seem to work 99% of time without any issues.

I have set both up for motion detection and both seem to pick the smallest of motion, which is great.

I have set them to record just when motion is detected and works well apart from when say someone walks into view for the first time the recordings are saved but when the person moves out of view and then returns to the same area a few seconds later the motion of the second viewing is not recording.

Why is this ? Not all motion is recorded, is it the case the camera is saving data to the cloud as such and therefore can not record the second motion

Also it seems when I am remotely viewing the cameras, when I remotely view and there is motion the video is not saved, is this due to that I am remoting onto the camera and these cameras can not be viewed and record at the same time ?

Many thanks for any replies.

Tony

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using "record until motion stops" or a timed recording?  In either case there's a rest time between recordings but I think you're saying that you're using the former.  Motion moved out of the view so recording stops.  The reset time occurs and then, if motion is detectable, recording starts again. It's a tossup as to whether the action will be recorded since it depends on both continued motion as well as the timing.

As for recording during live view, that's just the way it works.  You're using the camera so recording won't work.  I don't know if that's a software coding issue or a limitation of the hardware.  You can manually record while live viewing but not when motion occurs according to your rules.