Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
d1mag
Initiate
Initiate

I have three VMC3040 cameras, and this morning 2 of them were stuck with an almost black video last night. (after the firmware update)

Only full day-light later in the morning made a visible picture.

It seems like a bug where settings are mixed up with "Night Vision" and "CameraLED". !!!

The two cameras with "CameraLED" turned off, remained with black video.

The camera inside with "CameraLED" turned on, the night vision worked.

After turning off both "CameraLED" and "Night Vision", and restart a couple of times, and later Turning on BOTH "CameraLED" AND "Night Vision", and restarting a couple of times, the image was back to normal quality in low light environment. I ended up with black tape, covering the CameraLED instead of turning it off with the software setting.... just to get rid of the annoying light.

I guess you have to fix this issue as soon as possible... 

27 REPLIES 27
Morfik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can also confirm, powered my camera back on and it immediately downgraded the firmware.

Live View and Night Vision are both working normally.

EDIT Unfortunately things are not back to normal, my camera won't push notifications or record video when motion is detected. In the app the motion icon lights up orange but nothing else happens even with the device armed.

Anyone else having this problem?

Morfik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update to the above. Seems removing the device yet again (3rd time in 2 days) now has fixed the motion detection and recording.

Absolute joke how much time i've wasted on this when the camera was working perfectly fine just 3 days ago before the firmware update was pushed out.

How do we opt-out of all future firmware updates?

kgparkes
Tutor
Tutor

Both of my Arlo Q cameras have been downgraded back to the old firmware following a reset, and both appear to be working. It would at least be nice to be informed when the firmware has been updated and the reason for the update, thankfully we have this forum!