Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision Motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
randrade
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am thinking of getting an Arlo Q. The camera I use now (Evo) does not work OK with motion recording. When the nigh vision is set to Auto, meaning that when there is not enough light the NIght Vision mode starts automatically, it triggers a motin event. That means that at dusk and dawn, during 30 min to 1 hour, the camera jumps from day to nigh several times and each time it triggers a motion event. The manufacturer knows the problem but does not solve it.

Does the Arlo Q suffer from the same problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not noticed here nor mentioned at any point in these forums. 

MB-Can
Aspirant
Aspirant

The IR sensor need soem time to adjust and is the noise of the transition that is causing the false alert. if is only one I assume thsi is not not a big deal, unles you have the camera intgrated with something else. 

Anyway, if you didn't get the Arlo Q don't get it yet. The night vision is a quality issue and still not solved by last firmware and I would wait until the problem is fixed. The technology is already there (Arlo Pro Wifi are beter) but looks they decided to put something else on this Arlo Q model, that is working but is not working great. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh?  I have a Q that does night vision without night vision enabled (looking through a window).  I'm not sure what you're suggesting.