Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
BellaVistaWing
Initiate
Initiate

I have (2) cameras that have been working well for over a year.

VMC3040

Firmware - 1.9.0.0.269

Android OS

Have been having the same issue of the camera dropping offline over and over.  The camera worked for over 1 1/2 months in its current position.  Have done full resets, deleted the camera from my profile and reinstalled.    It will connect and seem to work for a short period, and if I come back to it a bit later, it is back offline.   I have reset and reconnected at least 6 times.

Not too happy about this...

8 REPLIES 8
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Welcome to the new Arlo consumer experience. How may we not help or ackowledge your problem.  My camera system is offline or having issues more times in a day then it works. Going on 4 weeks now. Customer support just gives you the same old run around. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Could something have changed in your wifi environment to cause a weaker signal or interference from a neighbor's wifi?

As a test, move the camera closer to the wifi router and see if the problem continues.

BellaVistaWing
Initiate
Initiate

That was not successful, am trying a 'Range Extender' placed within 10' of the camera to see if it will maintain the network connection.  Not sure yet if that will work.

Rpuente
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the reset and still will not connect

DanMan311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally connected. I could not get the Arlo Q to connect via the app. I tried resetting and changing wifi network to no spaces and password as well to no special characters (only letters and numbers). The only way to connect was via my laptop using the Arlo portal. I held my laptop up to the camera to read the QR code and after waiting about 35-45 seconds it connected. Each time via the app I would go through all the steps and after QR code it would time out waiting to connect.

So if you can't connect via the app try a laptop and go through all the steps it walks you through and hope it works for you.

Other then this time-wasting issue it works great and my other wireless Arlo cameras work great as well.

Good luck.

mag8204
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 VCM3040s connected and 3 wireless connected . 2 VCM3040s that will not connect. One had been connected and was unplugged for a while and will not reconnect. 1 new one that won’t connect. Paying for 10 camera plan. Tried factory resets on both and  they still won’t connect.

hempflingm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can’t get Amber light to move from being solid amber. Tried pushing reset and no flashing, tried removing device and to reinstall... still solid amber

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure your phone/computer is connected to the same network your Arlo Q is connecting to.

If you're still having problems connecting to your Arlo Q even after doing a factory reset, contact our support team here: Arlo Support