Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo App Will Not Connect to My Arlo Q Camera. App doesn't recognize my device.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
kly_0127
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I downloaded the new Arlo app as instructed, I attempted to get the app to recognize my current Arlo Q camera.  The app does not recognize my device.  I've tried syncing per the instructions, unplugging the camera, plugging it back in and basically following the "troubleshooting" instructions (which are basic installation instructions, not troubleshooting instructions).  What else do I need to do in order to get the new app to recognize my Arlo camera???? 😖

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera is already set up - you don't need to do anything. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. Maybe force close the app and open it again. You can check with a browser, too.

Melody1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, tried everything without any luck, I rebooted the phone, still not working. Unless someone comes up with a solution my  camera is now useless since downloading the new application.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Melody1,

Are you able to see the Arlo Q camera when checking on the web client on your computer as jguerdat mentioned?

my81babyblue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, I installed the new app, now I'm getting  "the system is experiencing an unexpected issue". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, clearing data and so on. still not working

Melody1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I kept resetting and resetting by putting a needle in the little reset hole, eventually it let me through, not sure why it works after so many attempts and days but it did

Thank you to all of you who kindly replied trying to help.

sctbntly
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having issues with the app and camera. The camera stopped recording a couple of days ago, I can't get the camera to connect to the app. 

I am using the new app on iphone XR on iOS13 

I have turned everything off and on again and tried to pair the device 5 or 6 times now.

Can someone help I've currently got a non-working home security system

kly_0127
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still having no luck.  Last night I attempted to try again and whatever I did, now my camera won't recognize my wifi network and neither now my Legacy app or the new app recognize anything.  Very frustrating for sure.  I've tried rebooting my wifi router, rebooting my phone, tablet, resetting my camera, unplugging the camera.  Now I have a completely useless system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kly_0127 wrote:

I've tried rebooting my wifi router, rebooting my phone, tablet, resetting my camera, unplugging the camera. 

I think it's time to try support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx