Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting notifications to download new Arlo app. Will Arlo Legacy app not work tomorrow?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get daily notifications on download new App. I went to IPhone App Store and clicked on Arlo and the other one as I keep getting the same messages. I tried to reply in the other thread but no reply option is provided.

Will my current App no longer work tomorrow? I pay an annual fee for four cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
NVM. Solved. The new app was in a different spot and it seems I keep using the old one. I thought the old widget/app would be replaced by newer version but a new app was shown in another spot.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the 2.9.x app work for you?

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Currently the app works and looks
Like the App I always had. The message keeps popping up even though I downloaded or updated the app as what was possible in App Store a few days ago
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What version is it?  You can look in settings->about to find this.

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
2.715 it says downloaded August 15,2019
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tammy18 wrote:
2.715 it says downloaded August 15,2019

You still have the old app. - the new one is 2.9.x  You'll need to install the new one.

Looking for "Arlo Technologies" in the app store might help you find the correct one.  Or open this up in your device's browser: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id1459289784

Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Now it says. 2.9.1.

Is that the correct one?
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Should I delete the app and get a new one as when I go back to the widget I get the old version
Tammy18
Aspirant
Aspirant
NVM. Solved. The new app was in a different spot and it seems I keep using the old one. I thought the old widget/app would be replaced by newer version but a new app was shown in another spot.

Thanks
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tammy18 wrote:
Thanks. Now it says. 2.9.1.

Is that the correct one?

Yes.

@Tammy18 wrote:
Should I delete the app and get a new one as when I go back to the widget I get the old version

You should uninstall the old one, as they've announced it will stop working tomorrow anyway.