Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bahnthaispa
Follower
Follower

I upgraded to the new app and since that day it has stopped recording.  Now I cannot even see a live feed and it comes up with an error message that says maximum of 5 camera streams supported.  I only have ONE camera!  And I cannot find a direct link to customer service!

4 REPLIES 4
jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

The same is happening to me on both the Arlo webpage and the Arlo android app with my Arlo Q.  As a retired software developer I cannot believe that this wouldn't have shown up in a test.  Apparently they don't try testing all of their hardware before pushing out application changes.  If they had, this would have shown up.  

jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

After posting, I went out to see if I could move back to a version of the Arlo android app and found a newer one in the android store from two days ago.  Although this did not explain the issues I was having with the Arlo  webpage I thought it might fix the issues with the Android app.  I loaded it and although I don't get the meaningless error about more than 5 cameras, I still cannot connect to my Arlo Q (actually the Arlo Q is registered on my daughters account and she gave me access).  It goes into perpetual "connecting" mode but never connects when I try to view it real time.  Also it shows no recordings in the library when it usually gets 10 to 20 per day.  However, when I go to the zone setting utility, it does show a real time picture.  The webpage still gives the 5 camera max error message.  Whe only has the one camera on her account (I have 4 on mine).  Major screwed up.  It works the same on both her and my login (or maybe I should say Arlo Q is broken on both logins). 

jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

I can't even send an email to support reporting the Arlo Q issues.  I have tried twice but the email webpage resets to a different support page before I can finish my comments.  This is worse than rediculous.  No wonder Netgear split Arlo off as a separate company.  Arlo better get their "stuff" together or they won't have a customer base in a year or two, no matter how innovative their hardware.  Even though I am heavily invested in Arlo for my security needs (4 Pro 2 cameras, 3 solar panels, 1 Arlo q camera, two bases, three lights) I would have a hard time recommending the product to anyone given Arlo's troublesome software and support.  If somone else can get the message to Arlo support about the Arlo Q issues, please do since I seem to be unable to do it for myself.  Thanks.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email hasn't worked for years now. Chat and phone are the possibly useful options.