Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it necessary to select options in Filter? If you reset the filter to no alternativs and deactivated it, will it then detect all motions and send notifications? In other words, can you leave the filter without any actions and still detect and notify everything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siggep wrote:

Is it necessary to select options in Filter? If you reset the filter to no alternativs and deactivated it, will it then detect all motions and send notifications? In other words, can you leave the filter without any actions and still detect and notify everything?

The Filter option only affects library browsing - allowing you to see recordings for people or vehicles for instance.  It doesn't affect what is stored, or what notifications you receive.

You can control notifications in the "Smart Notifications" menu.  That will not change what is stored,  only the notifications you receive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siggep wrote:

The Filter option only affects library browsing - allowing you to see recordings for people or vehicles for instance.  It doesn't affect what is stored, or what notifications you receive.

You can control notifications in the "Smart Notifications" menu.  That will not change what is stored,  only the notifications you receive.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank's for the answer. Now I understand what the filter is for! But regarding "smart notifictions", thats something new and not anything I got in my app. Unfortunatly, my notifications does not work. I'll try to reset the camera once again but i doubt it will work. It record but no notification... So if "smart notification" is something I missed it would be great to know where to find that menu?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siggep wrote:

So if "smart notification" is something I missed it would be great to know where to find that menu?

Smart Notifications apply if you have a paid subscription.

In the web ui, click on settings and look on the left pane.  With the iOS app, press on settings, and it will be the first entry in the Arlo Smart section (right underneath "Account").  I don't recall exactly where it is with Android.

@siggep wrote:

Unfortunatly, my notifications does not work. It record but no notification... 

It's likely to be a setting on your phone. 

Try these before resetting the camera again: