Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera will not sync it did many times before. I would move it to different locations
21 REPLIES 21
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

camera will not sync

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

im not using a base station with this chorded camera my wireless camera is on a shared network

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, not following what you're trying to tell us. Exactly what model camera(s), what have you tried, what do you see?

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
When you try to sync I get the chime 10 seconds later it flashes back to yellow
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What camera? The wirefree cameras don't chime at any point.

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the Arlo Q that is wired I check it with my I phone we have a wireless that sync and share with our neighbor
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera has synced before I moved it and did not use for awhile. When I plugged it back in it would not sync
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t use a base station for my chorded camera. I use it with my phone
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is an Arlo Q hard wired
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That was a lot of posts!  🙂

I don't quite understand your situation - are you sharing your WiFi or the Q with a neighbor? Where is the camera in relation to the WiFi? WHat kind of signal strength was it getting previously? In detail, what have you tried? WHat has changed?

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
The arlo Q is hard wired I use this separate from the wireless system (camera)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q is only hard-wired for power, not connection to the Internet. It has to use your WiFi to get that connection. You're correct that the wireless cameras use a base to get that connection but the Q uses WiFi. So, the question stands - describe what the circumstances are? Fully answer my questions from before.

bobnbecky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will not sync
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to sync my Arlo Q with my I phone I do get the chime next step it goes into searching for arlo devices and it can’t find any than the camera starts flashing yellow again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lately using a browser to sync the Q seems to be working better. You can try a mobile browser if you set it to use the desktop version of the site.

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Q will not sync I’ve tried with my iPhone as I did before as mentioned I do not keep the camera plugged in all the time. I tried setting it up through my Mac computer same results I get the chime and it is searching for arlo device can’t find it then goes back to yellow light
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the Q from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button on the camera until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. Try syncing one last time. If it still fails, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
No my camera doesn’t work we have tried with the Mac computer and my I phone to no avail
Scarlett2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for everyone’s help the camera will not sync with Mac computer or my iPhone.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you open a case with support as suggested above?