Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Q keeps losing connection with a constant combination blue and amber light

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
ktflame
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q keeps losing connection but in addition to that I keep getting a constant blue/amber light not the blinking blue/amber light when the firmware is being updated. Anyone have any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What control unit?  The Q cameras are self-contained except for power.  Sorry, I guess I'm missing something.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

glenl,

Are you referring to the Arlo Wire-Free cameras? The Q plus is not yet available and as jguerdat states above the Q and Q Plus do not require a base station to sync.

If you are referring to the Arlo Wire-Free cameras, what issue are you having? Could you provide more detail so that we can better understand the problem?

JamesC

MSP3304
Aspirant
Aspirant

A week ago I purchased a package deal from Arlo containing (2) Arlo Q cameras and (4) Arlo wireless cameras with a hub.  The wireless cameras are working great and have a really good range.  However, the Q cameras lose their LINE OF SITE WIFI about 15'-20' and go off line.  I have one Arlo Q in my living room about 5' away from my wireless router and it has worked flawlessly.  But take that same camera and move it 15-20 feet line of site from router, and the camera loses connection and goes off line (blinking purple).  I have tried both "Q" cameras, multiple factory resets, deleting device and reinstalling it with the same results on both.  I will be returning the cameras and either try a different brand or just go with all Arlo wireless cameras.  (NOTE: ARLO SUPPORT IS USELESS, THEY KEEP TELLING ME THE PROBLEM IS MY WIFI SIGNAL, BUT MY D-LINK WIRELESS CAMERAS (that I was planning on replacing with Arlo) ARE STILL WORKING FINE AT WELL OVER 100+' FROM THE SAME BRAND NEW COMCAST WIRELESS ROUTER.)  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible some other 2.4GHz signal is interfering so try the 5GHz band instead.

MSP3304
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, my Arris TG862 router does not have dual-band wireless capability, it's only 2.4ghz. I am going to buy a quality dual band router and put the TG852 in bridged mode for best network performance and range. Thank you though 🙂