Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Q camera cannot read QR Code

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vtducrider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I bought the 2-pack Arlo Q cameras about 2 years ago. They have been working very well on ATT U-verse wireless network. I recently moved to another house and decided to try Google Fiber. I am not able to get either camera to read the QR code to connect to the internet. I have power-cycled, done hard-reset several times. Each time it fails the same way. There is no chime, and it makes a sound that seems to indicate the operation failed after about a minute or so. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's that the QR code can't be read, try using a web browser instead. That may also help because you can manually input the SSID, too.

vtducrider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried the brower on my laptop, and it chimed! However, it got hung up on the next step to "discover" my camera. And eventually timed out. Arlo Q is stuck blinking blue. I check my Google fiber network setting for encription. It is set to WPA2. What else can I try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's some indication which hasn't been proven (that I know of) where a WiFi setup that uses the same SSID for both bands may cause this. Try disabling the band you DON'T want to use and see if it works then.