Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Forgot password, but that email address no longer valid. New reg does not recognize camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jerryrobin
Follower
Follower

I originally registered my Q with an email I no longer use. Forgot my password, and sending me a link to reset does not therefore work. I reregistered as a new user and tried to set up the camera like new. It recognizes my WiFi network, but the camera will not connect to the network. I think it may be because that camera's serial# is linked to my old account. How do I erase that link to the old account so I can get my Arlo up and running again?

1 REPLY 1
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jerryrobin wrote:

I originally registered my Q with an email I no longer use. Forgot my password, and sending me a link to reset does not therefore work. I reregistered as a new user and tried to set up the camera like new. It recognizes my WiFi network, but the camera will not connect to the network. I think it may be because that camera's serial# is linked to my old account. How do I erase that link to the old account so I can get my Arlo up and running again?

One of the complaints I have seen here relates to the fact that Arlo does NOT securely link cameras to accounts, so it is possible for thieves to make off with our cameras and set them up on other accounts.  So I don’t think that is your problem.

Are you certain you are entering your Wi-Fi password exactly correctly when setting up the camera?

https://kb.arlo.com/1001944/How-do-I-set-up-Arlo-Q-on-iOS

Also from another post here in this community...how to reset the camera...

3. If it doesn't work, reset the camera (paperclip in the reset hole for 10+ seconds).