Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OzPeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am moving an existing Arlo Q from on wi-fi network to another. The new network uses a Linksys WRT 1900acs router. I can get the Arlo on the network and I can see it connected in the router. However it is not detected by the Arlo app. This question had the same symptoms and the answer was to open up ports 80, 123 and 443 to Arlo.netgear.com https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Plus/Arlo-Q-Plus-device-not-discovered-but-in-my-modem-detail-I... However I can't see how to do this with my router. Can anyone explain what I need to do to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @OzPeter,

You wouldn't need to open ports from your router if you are using a new network. You will need to login to the Arlo app and input the new SSID and password through settings.You can do this by going to Settings > My Devices > Arlo Q > Wi-Fi > Change Network.

But if you already removed your camera from your account, try to reset your camera by holding the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. Then try to sync normally.

OzPeter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP

In my attempts I did remove the camera from my account. I have done multiple resets and when adding the camera I can sync to the local wi-fi and successfully hear the chime. (At that point I can see the camera when I do a scan of my network.) However the Arlo app fails to detect my camera after that.

The question I linked seemed to be the closest in symptoms to what have. I did eventually contact tech support for my router (Linksys WRT 1900acs) and opened the ports mentioned in that question, but that didn’t help. I even accessed the admin settings in my cable modem but there was nothing obvious there.

IMHO something is blocking netgear/Arlo from detecting my camera and I don’t know where that is.

In comparison my original network still has a working Arlo on it. That network is via a WRT54G and I never had to do anything to it for the cameras to work. Both networks are connected to the internet by the same ISP (Comcast) although they are in different states in the US and have separate accounts
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me have our support team help you with this. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.