Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection has become unreliable, live feed freezing, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
jmeoo3
Star
Star

I'm appaled by how infrequently my camera actually works now.  I swear my camera doesn't work correctly at least 75% of the time.  When I first bought the camera the camera GENERALLY worked well.  The only issue I had was that the camera would disconnect several times a day for around 60 seconds each time.........which I learned to deal with because because I after 60 seconds I could view the live feed again.  I don't know what netgear did.....or if these updates have caused all this problems but this camera is TOTALLY unreliable.  It doesn't record when set to record for a certain amount of time, it records then freezes and only audio is present, the live feed freezes constanly, manuallly recorded videos aren't capturing motion and when they do there is there is this strange pixialtion disappearing ghost effect.  The problems go on and on and on.  How is this acceptable?  When you buy something you expect it to work.  I can't imagine going out and buying say a TV,xbox, or drill and just having these things not work at all.  A security system really needs to be reliable and unfortunately Netgear is failing miserably in my opinion.  The sad part is I don't believe the camera's are the actual problem......I think these bugged out updates are causes the issues.  I could be wrong but I'm sure I will never truely find out.  It's just shameful that so many people have a paid a lot of money to protect there homes just to have a product fail on them over and over again.  Very sad.....

26 REPLIES 26
ppile
Initiate
Initiate

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now that its colder, I noticed that the cameras do not have any issues freezing.  This makes me suspect it was related to the heat during the summer.