Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection distance indoor's

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone know how far the motion detection distance is on the Q while indoors? For me it seem's like it covers my family room well but the kitchen which is a straight shot across from the camera and about 25 feet away, won't activate. Is the distance that short? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I use mine to monitor outdoors through a with Dow and it's detecting cars and people at maybe as far as 75 feet. Do you have zones set up and in use?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Also, maybe a screenshot would be useful.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it , the Q, should be good to about 50 ft

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting, I'll have to play around with the setting's again. And I do have it split into two different zones. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Also another interesting question, I notice that when I get an activation the video recording starts about 5 seconds or so before the actual activation happens. Almost like the camera is always recording but only saves it when an activation happens. For example, if our cat jumps on the kitchen counter and activates the camera in a zone, the recording actually starts before the cat get's into the zone (or counter). 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use the zones, and YES they can effect how the camera triggers off as movement.

As to the video , Yes, the camera has a pre-buffer of about 5 seconds... it is recording and saves the pre 5 seconds with the video from trigger event.

( basically always recording which is why the CVR allows the cam to record 24/7 )

Morse is faster than texting!