Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detected notice but camera failed to connect

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Airstreamer55
Follower
Follower
I am away from home, and I received a push notice that my one Arlo Q had detected motion at my house. When I tried to check it with the Arlo App, no recordings were shown, and I received a message that camera had failed to connect. I won’t be home for a few weeks and have no one to check the house. A few times in the past, I received a notice that motion was detected, but the recording had shown only a brief flash like a quick camera reset. Could the camera send this motion detection before failing? Obviously, I am freaking about a possible break-in where they just pulled the plug on the camera. I called my internet provider, and they said my WiFi is working. Has anyone experienced a motion detection notice before a camera failure?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't say that I've seen nor heard of this but anything is possible. I don't think someone unplugged the camera without a video but again...

It's too late now but a WiFi switch that the camera plugs into would be useful for future ability to power cycle the camera remotely.

As an aside, I would have called the police to check if truly concerned. They can at least verify that things look fine from the outside.