Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Reset Not Working - immediate failure sound

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
phoxhole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera has been working fine for over a year. A security system technician came to the house and unplugged it the other day and after he left, I noticed the amber light blinking. I have removed the camera from the account in the iPhone app and tried to reset and re-add, but the failure sound is almost immediate - maybe 1.5 seconds - after the chime sounds from reading the QR code.

I've read that normally it takes around 30 seconds to fail, but this camera is giving the the failure sound much sooner and the light goes back to a blinking amber. This immediate failure is what's different than anything I've read on here, hence the post.

I've relocated the camera and tried to use my laptop to scan the code, but the same result.

I've done a reset about 5 times using a paper clip on the side until I hear the click.

I've tried my 5GHz and 2.4GHz network as well as my guest network and even my phone's personal hotspot (from computer) - all failures. All SSIDs and passwords are checked for correct capitalizations.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
phoxhole
Aspirant
Aspirant

The failure sound is 4 chimes - if that helps.

My SSID is MW24, so I tried mw24 to see what happened and it took significantly longer (maybe 15 seconds) for the failure and the failure sound was only two chimes before going back to flashing amber.

That info help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @phoxhole

Thank you for all the detailed information. I would only be able to suggest the troubleshooting steps you have performed.

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

phoxhole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I've submitted a ticket and heard nothing since then. I had a replacement warranty on the camera from the place of purchase and just got it replaced. Arlo/NetGear need to not forget that their customers are customers even after the sale.

I won't be getting an Arlo product in the future should this one break or a need for a new camera arise. Can't be left hanging when something goes wrong.