Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection & 6th camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dano9258
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there some way to adjust the motion sensitivity on the Arlo Q? Our little one is moving in the crib and we aren't getting any motion alerts or anything. I know on the Arlo Pro cameras you can adjust the motion sensitivity. 

Also, I have 2 Arlo Q's and just bought 4 Alro Pro cameras to setup for outside. My plan was to use the two Q's indoors with only 1 recording clips to the cloud and the other just used for live view. And then use the 4 outdoor Pros on the recording plan. Is this not possible? You have to subscribe to their $10/mo plan to even view the 6th camera live? We don't care about it recording. If so, this is a downfall of Arlo. It was one of the only reasons we bought it is we didnt want to have to pay a monthly fee. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Mode tab, select your camera and edit your modes, likely yhe Armed mode. All settings are in there. Be sure to save.

5 cameras max per free account is not only well-documented but also very liberal compared to other systems. For your case, creating a second account for the wirless system using a second email address and then using Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the original will allow you to see and (mostly) manipulate all cameras from one login. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

dano9258
Aspirant
Aspirant
I assumed that was for recording....all companies give cameras free ability to live view. I don't want the 6th camera to record, just live view.....might be switching
dano9258
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is nothing in there to change motion sensitivity. Basically the camera is only picking up cries from our toddler, not movement in the crib....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a 6th camera for live viewing - you just need to use Settings, Manage Camera Status (or Settings, Subscription, Manage Camera Status, depending on whether you're using the app or browser) to deactivate a camera and activate another. Clumsy but it would work.

Motion sensitivity is found in your modes. Mode tab, select your Q camera or base station as appropriate, and edit your modes.  I'd suggest creating a custom mode. In the rule for a specific camera is "If the following:" which has both motion and audio detection settings. In those, you can change the sensitivity as needed. Read the FAQs here for creating/modifying modes for full directions.  Be sure to save you settings as you go.