Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue Creating Zone with Arlo (Q)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sammy313
Tutor
Tutor

I just got and installed a Q. I cannot set up monitoring zones. I see the picture from the camera fine when I am just watching the video. When I try to create a Zone to set up monitoring, it doesn't show me my video feed. I just see a gray background and a white resizable box. No video. I tried on my Laptop as well as my iPhone. Same result on both. Help please.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try resetting the Q using the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.  

Sammy313
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Try resetting the Q using the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.  

Since I can see the video fine in the regular monitoring software screen, why would it be a camera problem? Sounds like a problem with the Create Zone software.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I could easily agree with you but without a known configuration of the camera we'd both be guessing.

Sammy313
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

I could easily agree with you but without a known configuration of the camera we'd both be guessing.

OK. I did a reset. Exactly the same problem, plus I am back to a previous problem where the option to invert the picture is grayed out. So now I have two problems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support using the Support link above. Maybe it's a bad camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sammy313,

If seeing the same results from both your mobile app and browser, I advise contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation as suggested above.

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC