Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ethorson
Initiate
Initiate

The only problem I have with my new Arlo Q is that one of them needs to be outside. It could get some rain on it.  Can I get a clear housing to put over it.  Any suggestions as to what I should get?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno if anyone's done this yet.  Note that it's not rated for that service so warranty could be an issue.  Maybe mounting inside a window would be better.  In either case, IR illumination would need to be turned off so reflections don't kill the video.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Something like drop cases designed for the drop cam might work, it would be better if Netgear produced them!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

Dunno if anyone's done this yet.  Note that it's not rated for that service so warranty could be an issue.  Maybe mounting inside a window would be better.  In either case, IR illumination would need to be turned off so reflections don't kill the video.

I have a clear plexi box with one side is a removeable top... ( don't know where it came from )

I'm planning to try this at some time, but obv there are some concerns from me re condensation ( not rain as it's in a protected area too ).

Time will tell, some one will prob get there before me and just mount it outside... it will be good to see what happens first 🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Fenrir2016
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure if tried this yet but I pointed my Arlo Q out the window and all that could be seen was the reflection from the IR leds.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Fenrir2016 wrote:
Not sure if tried this yet but I pointed my Arlo Q out the window and all that could be seen was the reflection from the IR leds.

Just turn off the IR illuminators in Settings... they reflect back from the glass washing out the picture. ( old news )

But the Q has pretty good night vision with nornal outside lighting.

Morse is faster than texting!
Ricknau
Star
Star
fred_derf21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting the Arlo Pro and Arlo Q before end of summer. 

Planning to try to put the "flex water seal" in white or the rustoleum waterproofing paint.

Hope this helps!