Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I'm setting up a new Arlo device and can't get pass the name your arlo device. Any suggestions

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Boricua57
Follower
Follower

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are we talkig an Arlo Q or a syste with a VMB3500 base station?

oilmanisom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been dealing with this since Christmas on a device purchased during Black Friday. Still have not got my security system hooked up. Complete waste of money. Hours on the phone trouble shooting with people who I can hardly understand. Every time our call ends with “this is a known problem, and they are working on it.” This was 2 months ago. Arlo doesn’t seem to care.
Theresas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m sorry, i havent a suggestion (except to get another camera from another company) because I have been having the exact same issue and got the exact same response from arlo!! I haven’t had the camera very long. I am currently on paid subscription and paying for an un-working camera. This “known issue” should be addressed, as now my husband wants to give up on this brand completely and switch to another more reliable (and less costly) service.. I have been very disappointed with how this circumstance of a poorly developed camera is being handled. If it’s a known issue, the customer should be taken care of. Either a discount on subscription or Replace our camera
or at least create an update to fix this issue. Do something to help keep the customer loyalty.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @oilmanisom and @Theresas,

Is this related with Arlo Q or the Base Station (that jguerdat mentioned)?

Theresas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! It’s for the Arlo Q
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you clarify which step you start to see this problem? Is it when you're on the "Claim Your Camera" screen (where it shows you can change your Arlo Q camera name and set time zone)? Do you receive any error when you're having problems setting it up?