Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I don't understand how to share Arlo Q with family member

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KimTodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I successfully installed base station and 4 Arlo wire-free cameras...and shared them. Yay!

However, when it comes to the stand-alone Arlo Q camera...not so successful. Man Mad

It is installed, and I can view on my app. I cannot figure out how share it with family members: they don't see the Arlo Q in their app even though they can see the 4 Arlo wire-free cameras.

I followed the instructions to link the camera to my home's wireless. Should have I linked it to the base station? Is that even possible?

On a family member's phone, using the app with their own logon, when I try to add the camera it's the same install steps to connect to my home's wireless. But, it's already connected/linked!

What is my course of action?

• Unlink from home's wireless and link it to the base station (again, I don't even know if that's possible)
  • Wait for someone smarter than I to respond below?  Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You have to go back to Grant Access and add the camera to each guest account. When you add a camera it doesn't get automatically added so others can see it since that could be a security issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You have to go back to Grant Access and add the camera to each guest account. When you add a camera it doesn't get automatically added so others can see it since that could be a security issue.
KimTodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found that out soon after I walked away from my computer. Thanks for the reply: I will mark yours as the answer.

Instructions for sharing cameras via the app

1. Click settings
  2. Click Grant Access
  3. Click name of person to share with
  4. Scroll through camera list to find desired camera
  5. Click Edit in upper right corner
  6. Click the desired camera to select/deselect sharing
  7. Click Save in the upper right corner