Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q powers down before sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GeoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had 2 Arlo Qs for a couple of months. Not a lot of problems. Now one camera went down and my screen says disconnected. I have tried to reconnect the device but it powers down on its own before it blinks amber. I tried to hold the sync button down which does cause rhe blue light to blink. It even chimes for the set up. But the light turns purple and powers down again before it connects. I went through the process with my other camera with no problems. What is going on?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The purple LED indicates low WiFi strength.  If you're trying to sync away from the router, try a different location to see if it works.  Otherwise, I suspect a hardware problem.  It may be the power supply - swap between cameras. Open a case with support.

GeoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the response. I was thining about the power supply as a possible problem but didn't try that yet. I opend of a support case and it is being worked on. I will re-post with the solution given.  Thanks again!

GeoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was curious about the possibility of the power supply being the issue. I switched the AC adapter with my operating camera and got same results. This does not appear to be a power supply problem.

GeoMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a support ticket with Netscape and my problem was solved in about 24 hours. Below is the fix.

If the camera won't re connect to the router, please try the troubleshooting steps below:

Make sure that the camera is 3 feet away from the router.

1. Remove the camera from the account
- Click settings > my devices > camera > deactivate/remove device
2. Check if the router has WPS button
3. Reset the camera using a paper clip
- Press and hold the reset button until you hear a click sound from the camera
4. Press the WPS button till you see it blinks
5. Once the camera is blinking amber, press the sync button until it blinks blue.
6. You should hear a chimes sound after.

Kindly proceed on the account immediately.

1. Please click on add device > select the Arlo q picture then click on continue.
2. No need to type in the information in the screen, just click on continue until you reach the page where it asks you if you "hear a chimes sound from the camera?" then click on yes.