Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor

I can’t get my camera to connect to the internet.

14 REPLIES 14
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that the device you are using to sync the Arlo Q and the Arlo Q are on the same network. eg. if you are using your phone, make sure it's on the same wifi as the Q and not on data. Also make sure that you are entering the wifi SSID correctly when prompted.

Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor
I am on the same network, etc. It syncs but it just can’t connect to the internet.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Let's have step by step what you are tring and at what step it is failing.

What is the light doing?

Here is the quick start guide.

https://fccid.io/PY315200316/User-Manual/User-Manual-rev-pdf-2804098

Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

First off Thank you for trying to help me get this camera working.

The first thing I do it plug the camera in to the power source on the wall.

I have the app downloaded already.

Then I sign into the network with name, and password.

My camera is blinking amber color.

Once I hold in the sync button it blinks blue, and then I hold it up to the code. 

I hear the chime, and then when it trys to connect it times out on the camera, and it goes back to blinking an amber color. 

Everything goes well until it trys to connect. 

I have also reset the camera by using a paper clip, and holding in the button for 10 seconds or so until it chimes, and goes back to a solid amber color. 

I'm using google chrome, and I attached a photo for you to see what it states.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're using Chrome it suggests that you are not using the app to do the installation.

Could it be that the Chrome computer is on a different network (5ghz vs 2.4ghz or a different SSID) to that which you are trying to connect the Arlo Q?

Try and use the app. making sure your phone is connected to the same wifi network that you are connecting the Q to.

See this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-Mk9FOmoQ

Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried both ways, and it’s not connecting. I’m going to turn off my 5.4 and try connecting with 2.4 only. I will update you when I try this.
Waldec
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly same problem. After changing my internet provider and new router Arlo Q fails to connect. I am using Arlo app to connect, have tried both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi networks, renamed network to standard characters, resetted camera etc. Still fales after qrcode phase while trying to connect wifi.
Now I looked YouTube video above and my app is not asking for wifi credentials goes straight to QR code screen. How to fix this?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Waldec

Have you tried to use your computer to complete the setup?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, it might be worth removing the Q from Settings, My Devices before trying anything else. If needed, also try holding the reset button on the camera until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.

Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor
Yes
Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried that also, and still no luck
Waldec
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got mine working, issue was in system prefilled wifi password. Thanks for sharing the video.
Fireymom
Tutor
Tutor
Glad you got yours working. Are you speaking about putting your password in manually instead of auto saved ?
I put mine in every time, no auto saved passwords used here.
Pralin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've struggled with the same issue for a while now and tried everything. Resetting multiple times, installing from both the App and the Computer, changing WiFi settings, resetting again, changing outlets and all possible combinations of all these but the installing process still got stuck at the last step.

My browser then suggested i update my Adobe Flash player so i did and after that it installed without hassle at first try.. feel kind of stupid now regarding the amount of time i've spent trying to get this to work Smiley Indifferent

Well, thought I'd just leave this little tip here if this would be the case with your camera.