Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to connect arlo q to the new arlo pro base station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sam83926
Aspirant
Aspirant
I plan to connect arlo q to the new arlo pro base station with the alarm function. However, it connected to my wifi only. In the app, there is no rule can set up to let the alarm on with this arlo q.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sam83926 wrote:
I plan to connect arlo q to the new arlo pro base station with the alarm function. However, it connected to my wifi only. In the app, there is no rule can set up to let the alarm on with this arlo q.

You are right... the Q while it will appear in the web prgm/app along with the Arlo cameras must be actually run separately. ( as it does only link to your home wifi not the base )

The Q will have it's own arming/schedule/etc....

Also the Q will not appear on the local record option ( nor alarm )  with the new base as it isn't synced to the base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sam83926 wrote:

You are right... the Q while it will appear in the web prgm/app along with the Arlo cameras must be actually run separately. ( as it does only link to your home wifi not the base )

The Q will have it's own arming/schedule/etc....

Also the Q will not appear on the local record option ( nor alarm )  with the new base as it isn't synced to the base.

Morse is faster than texting!