Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
evelynyang
Follower
Follower

I only need more than 7 days or cloud recordings several times a year. Will I be able to change from basic to premier and back to basic?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can buy a higher plan on a PER month basis, so yes

Captureprice.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BLV
Initiate
Initiate

There are other subscription plans available, however for those limited areas only.

Actually , this should have been shown very obviously on web and in account.

As it took me a big while to realize I can not buy other plans just because I live outside those service areas.

After login, in buy subscription section there should be big sign such as YOU LIVE OUTSIDE SERVICE AREA, YOU CAN ONLY USE BASIC PLAN, etc.

By the way, is there any way that netgear put away this limitation, or provide some other options so that all users are able to save online just like other plan no matter where they live ? Or this limitation will be forever ?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One way to possibly do this, if at all possible, is to remove the system from your account and take it to a country that has the plans available to set it back up using a credit card from that country.  A royal PITA but may be the only way to get a timely resolution.  If purchasing new in one country to take to another, doing this initially helps avoid the problem.

The subscriptions don't seem to be getting updated often (if at all) so this is probably your only option.