Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How does the reset button work on the Q?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have attempted a few times to reset my Q and Q Plus using the "reset" hole on the camera, but it does not seem to do anything that I can detect.  There is no information in the user guide about this function.  What is it supposed to do, and how are you supposed to do it?  Do you push with a paperclip and hold, or do you push and then apply power?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hokeysmoke,

As stated above, the reset button needs to be held in excess of 10 seconds. When the reset has been successful you will hear a "click" and the LED will then begin flashing amber after a short pause. A reset can also be achieved by logging in to your Arlo account and removing the device listed under Settings.

JamesC​​​​​​​

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I believe you need to press it for 30(?) seconds. After that you will need to set up the wifi details again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, it's a long press. I forget what happens when the reset actually occurs (likely a flashing LED and at least one click) but it should be obvious.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Push in the reset with a paperclip for aprox 10 seconds till the FRONT LED starts to flash amber

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hokeysmoke,

As stated above, the reset button needs to be held in excess of 10 seconds. When the reset has been successful you will hear a "click" and the LED will then begin flashing amber after a short pause. A reset can also be achieved by logging in to your Arlo account and removing the device listed under Settings.

JamesC​​​​​​​