Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I reconnect the Arlo Q camera to the wifi?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RVsRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera will not reconnect to the wifi. How can I reconnect the camera to the wifi.  The app or the website doesn't have a reconnect or change network option. I've tried looking through several articles, but they keep referencing non-Q models. There are no batteries and there is no base, just camera and wifi. I don't want to loose all the recordings by removing the camera and re-adding it.  All I need is to reconnect it to our wifi.

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Click om settings - Connected to - then select the current ssid and then next screen will give you the option to change network.

By the way your recordings are stored on the cloud so reinstalling the camera will not affect them.

RVsRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the app and webpage, in device settings, it has "Your Arlo device appears offline". There's a line that has "Connect to" then "Disconnected".  There's nothing in settings except "Device Info" and "Remove Device". I can also change the device name. Device info only has a hardware number and serial number. There's no option to reconnect to the WIFI. We also do not have any type of subscription service. With that in mind are the videos still in the cloud?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Sorry I misread. I thought you were already connected and wanted to change network.

Depending on when you bought the Q, probably some years ago it would have come with 7 days of recording included.

Even with the camera offline, you should still be able to go to your library and look at the last 7 days of recordings.

These will not be deleted if you reset and re-install the Q.

RVsRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great for the recording question, Thanks!  Now back to the original question of how do I reconnect my camera to our internet?  See my previous comment.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

reset and re-install the Q

RVsRock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've reset the camera and the camera still comes back with a buzzing noise that no devices were found. For some reason the mobile app has the instruction that when the LED light is solid amber it's ready, but on the Arlo website the solid amber light indicates that the camera is booting. Do I also need to delete the app from my phone too? I've removed the cameras that are not working from the web login since the app didn't seem to respond when I attempted to remove them even though the app indicated that the camera was removed, but it never disappeared from the mobile app.

Do I need to wait until tomorrow for the camera to be removed from the Arlo servers? I would think that as soon as the camera is removed, it should automatically synchronize with the Arlo servers. I remember when we first go these cameras we had a very difficult time getting them setup and when there was a phone  number to actually call someone, we spent hours on the phone doing everything support told me to do and they were having issues with their servers clearing off the cameras were were removing and re-adding.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Once you delete the camera it should show removed on both the web interface as well as the app.

This is immediate and you don't have to wait.

I recently had to re-install Q and it took me many tries to get to right.

Make sure that your phone is on the same wifi network where you are installing the Q.

Make sure that you have the SSID entered exactly right (if you have location set to on then it should find the SSID itself) then make sure that you enter the password correctly.

Are you following this procedure to reset the camera?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062665/How-to-factory-reset-an-Arlo-Q-or-Arlo-Q-Plus-Camera