Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hey James C , Arlo Q issue is back....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I reported this long ago and the issue was fixed but now is has returned.

Recieved an email notifcation "Arlo has detected motion on one of your cameras. Here are the details:"

(another issue:  still not getting push notifiacitons on my mobile, we will address that later)

ISSUE:  When "Q" is armed (motion/sound) and it switches from night mode to day mode an audible "CLICK" can be heard triggering an alarm.

ISSUE:  email notification indicates MOTION when in fact it is SOUND.  My Q is installed in a STATIC environment so unless it detects ghosts, the proper alert should indicate "Arlo has detected SOUND on one of your cameras. Here are the details:"

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hula_Rock,

Thanks for the report. I will pass this information to the engineering team.

Do you correctly get the "Arlo has detected a sound. Here are the details:" e-mail alert for all other sound detections?

JamesC

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

Hula_Rock,

Thanks for the report. I will pass this information to the engineering team.

Do you correctly get the "Arlo has detected a sound. Here are the details:" e-mail alert for all other sound detections?

JamesC

I do,  here is the interesting thing that I noticed, it happened the same around the same time today.  When armed and it switched from Night Mode to Day Mode, your here the audible "click"  the screen also switches from grayscale to color which might be causing the "Motion Alert"

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/1803CEC640EB75F6