Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
mackie1604
Follower
Follower

Just like the title says.  Using 5 arlo's now, adding a Q.  Can I see all 6 cameras in the app, on the free plan with 1 router?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the recent changes we have given our customers the flexibility to configure the Arlo smart home system to best suit their specific needs. For example: you can have one R7000 with 2 cameras, a Base Station with 2 cameras and an Arlo Q without CVR and still have the Basic Free Plan. This allows customers to use the Arlo Q as an event (motion detection) based powered camera. If you have 5 Arlo wire-free cameras and an Arlo Q camera there are two options to select from. If you do not need CVR capabilities you could simply upgrade to Premier which supports up to 10 event based cameras (mix and match). Alternatively, you can purchase a CVR plan that supports the use of your Arlo Q camera while the original Arlo wire-free cameras remain on the free Basic plan.

Essentially, adding the CVR will allow the use of your 6th camera while remaining on the Basic Plan.

Due to the many recent changes I understand that there may be some confusion. I hope this clears some of that up and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One router, noroblem. 6 cameras on the basic plan, not so much. You could use the Q on a separate account (different email address) or delete one of the wireless cameras.

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m in the same bucket and it looks like as a penalty, you’ll be charged $9.95/month for having more then 5 cameras in addition to the $9.95/month for the Q 24/7 recording. They got you on this one. Pay $19.98 for having 5 Alro cameras and the new Q or dump one of your WiFi cameras. I sure hope this isn't the case, but that is the only option I'm being offered. That said, I can't even log in to setup the new Q.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You actually can set up the Q but with a separate account.  You won't be able to tie the two together with one login but it's a potentially useful solution.  Keep your current setup and generate another one for Q or remove one or more cameras from the existing and put them in the Q account.  That way, perhaps you can use one account to, say, monitor the front of the house and the other to watch the rea or however it makes sense to you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the recent changes we have given our customers the flexibility to configure the Arlo smart home system to best suit their specific needs. For example: you can have one R7000 with 2 cameras, a Base Station with 2 cameras and an Arlo Q without CVR and still have the Basic Free Plan. This allows customers to use the Arlo Q as an event (motion detection) based powered camera. If you have 5 Arlo wire-free cameras and an Arlo Q camera there are two options to select from. If you do not need CVR capabilities you could simply upgrade to Premier which supports up to 10 event based cameras (mix and match). Alternatively, you can purchase a CVR plan that supports the use of your Arlo Q camera while the original Arlo wire-free cameras remain on the free Basic plan.

Essentially, adding the CVR will allow the use of your 6th camera while remaining on the Basic Plan.

Due to the many recent changes I understand that there may be some confusion. I hope this clears some of that up and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

JamesC

stillwatching
Initiate
Initiate
So the 4 arlo and 2 Q (six cams in 1 box) bundles are not actually free recording unless you dont use one of the cams. Well I feel cheated. It says free cloud recording but nothing about 1 of the cams not being covered.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use them all but will need two accounts with different email addresses.  It's a bit of a PITA but it works and can be combined by using a guest account on one so any cameras are visible on the other account.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stillwatching, jguerdat

If you are referring to the 6 cam VMK3500 (4 Wire-Free + 2 Arlo Q) Kit, this is a special kit that allows viewing of all 6 cameras on the Basic plan at no additional cost.

For more information on this special kit take a look here: Arlo HD Security System with 4 Arlo Wire-Free and 2 Arlo Q Cameras (VMK3500)

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kewl. Thanks for the info!

TexasGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC how do I get my 6th camera on the Basic Plan? Nothing in the VMK3500 box mentioning this.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TexasGuy,

The VMK3500 is a special kit that allows for the 6th camera to be viewed on the Basic plan when setting up a new account.

Did you already have an account at the time you added the VMK3500?

JamesC

garyarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account has Arlo Q first, then I purchase VMK3500 for the 6th camera free support.  How do I turn my account to support 6th?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyarlo,

You will need to create a new account using the equipment included with the VMK3500 kit. The VMK3500 kit is a special kit that allows viewing the 6th camera on the free Basic Plan.

You will need to go through the New System Setup process using the included equipment in the VMK3500 kit to take advantage of the special plan.

JamesC

Banger2411
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is NOT how my package was sold to me at Best Buy. Now it's past my e0 day return policy. How would you feel after spending some much money and time to set it up just to find out you have to spend money on a monthly fee to have 5, 6 or 8 cameras work. I wonder what kind of spiff the Best Buy Rep gets for pushing your product*
Barbyb
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, it was a bit of a shock to find I have to pay a monthly fee but the trick is to watch your seven days free. I don't pay monthly fees as I have four cameras and an arlo q plus. If I was continuous video recording then I need a CVR plan.
Banger2411
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need to purchase a 2nd base station due to the size of my home. I will have 6 Irene's and 2Q''s when it's all said and done. What are my best options for this in relation to costs?
Banger2411
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this package and am being a 2nd base station and 2 more wireless cameras. The 2nd station is needed do to the size of my home. What are my options on set up ad acct with cost n mind. And how do I hook up the 2nd base station and connect it to the main one? Or are they strictly separate?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
With the number of cameras and the desire to minimize cost, you'll need to set up a second account. No more than 5 cameras per account. You won't be able to utilize cameras from one account with the other. Also, be sure to use Settings, Grant access from one account t to the other so all cameras will show up in one login.