Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Got 5 of 6 Cameras Working - Last will NOT

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BeachBumSteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have everything set up - went amazing - until I got to the last camera. The system is the 4 outdoor/indoor 720p HD Cameras and 2 plug in indoor 1080p Cameras. Got all but one of the indoor cameras working. I follow directions - and push the 'sync' button on camera - which is supposed to turn light from amber to blue - but nothing. Stays amber then eventually flashes amber. have reset, unplugged, restarted, pressed and pushed.....took asprin to help stop heart from pounding and new thing flying out window (haha). If someone knows - HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping batteries with a working  camera. An amber LED flashing slowly means dead batteries. Of course, it could also be a bad camera.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you refering to the Arlos or Q ( ac powered ) cameras?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BeachBumSteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is the Q - plug in camera (there are 2 that came with it).  I got another email response and have not looked into it, but might be that the basic plan only covers 5 cameras.  Which stinks - since they sold as 6 pack.  UGH   My bad on that one.  I'll see if upgrading helps and if not - must be the camera itself.  THANK YOU 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a special bundle which you appear to have bought. 4 wireless cameras and 2 Q cameras. You need to select the proper model number when setting up the system to get the ability to all 6 on a free account. Also, you have to be setting it up in the US.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeachBumSteve,

It sounds like you have the 6 camera kit (VMK3500) that includes a special Basic Plan allowing 6 cameras to be viewed (instead of the normal 5).

When utilizing this special plan, you must be in the US/Canada as mentioned above by jguerdat and you must have created your account using one of the devices from the kit.

Did you already have an Arlo account prior to purchasing this kit? If so, this could be why you are having an issue with the 6th camera. Consider starting a brand new Arlo account and going through New System setup with one of the devices included in the kit. This should allow you to utilize the special plan for viewing 6 cameras.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble.

JamesC