Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Live Lag - 8 seconds which makes 2 way audio impossible

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CiaranMcCormack
Follower
Follower
Hi there,

I have 4 wireless arlo cameras installed for a year and working brilliantly. The issue is my new Arlo Q camera I installed on to the same system yesterday. The Arlo Q has a serious live lag of about 6-10 Seconds delay. I have no issue with the camera taking a few seconds firing up etc. My issue is that once the live feature is active there is a delay of 6 seconds at least. This makes trying to use the 2 way audio communication useless. There is no issue with our network, broadband (300 megs and triple checked), arlo q is only 5 feet from arlo base station And the wireless camera are working perfectly (a lag of about 1-2 seconds - but can live with that's for what I use the wireless for). Please help with Arlo Q issue
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CiaranMcCormack wrote:

arlo q is only 5 feet from arlo base station

The Arlo Q cameras don't link to the Arlo Base at all, they link into your home wifi.
The 6-10 secs seem a bit long , wonder if the closeness to the base may cause interference to the Q (same wifi channel) as the base does put out a strong signal.
I'd try a different browser if possible, Fire Fox seems to be working well lately with flash and audio

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------