Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jmatero
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing is working fine for my arlo wireless cams connected to the base station. However, it's not working with my 4 arloQ cams. Under enabled devices for each Q it shows both iPhones as unavailable. Also, it's showing multiple versions of each phone all with the same name and I can't seem to remove the extras..

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No explanation here but it might be worth resetting one Q and resyncing to see if that helps.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmatero,

What were the results of the suggestion above? You might also consider disabling the iOS devices in your Geofencing settings (save) and then enable those devices again.

JamesC

jmatero
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James

Well, resetting our Q's isn't helping. What's odd is that our 2 enabled iphones are appearing multiple times in the enabled devices list and which is confusing... and no way to delete them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmatero,

Currently there is no way to remove devices from the list. Any devices that you no longer use should simply be disabled. When you say reset, did you just power off the Q and power back on or did you actually go through the factory reset process (within your Arlo account, Settings > My Devices > select Q > Remove Device) and then add the Q back to the account?

JamesC

jmatero
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, it's showing the same iPhone Names multiple times under enabled devices with check boxes next to all of them. Example, all 4 Q cams show this (and unavailable):

IMG_0607.PNG

And my wireless arlos on the base station, same selected, show this and geofencing is working fine:

IMG_0608.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmatero,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jmatero
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James. I called arlo support and the technician just asked me to confirm location services were enabled on the phones. At that point, he said geofencing is still a beta and said I should manually arm/disarm all 4 Q's everytime the last person leaves/arrives home. Is there any other troubleshooting that can be performed? I purchased these as home security and manually arming/disarming multiple devices. Case# is 28161648

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmatero,

I have reviewed your case and it appears it has been escalated. I will continue to monitor your case and provide any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

jmatero,

I have reviewed your case and it appears it has been escalated. I will continue to monitor your case and provide any additional feedback that I can.

JamesC

What would be REALLY nice James C is if Netgear sold a small device that ran on a button type battery (so long life) or could be recharged via sub (like a Fitbit Flex) that could trigger the geofencing option instead of trying to overcome the difficulties in getting the apps to work well and work with multpile phones (or work not at all if you have Windows devices).

Make it inexpensive enough and it becomes a selling point.  Put one on your key ring. Leave one in your cars. Pop it in your purse, etc.

Swann has a key ring device that a friend has and she reports it works well.  She has a spare that she hands to a guest and retrieves when they leave.  Could be like those round RFID tags that trigger pet doors - although I understand the technology is not the same, but that's the idea.